Saturday, March 1, 2014

SOLSC 1/31 - The Wind

My name is Kendal and I like to draw. This year, I have studied Comparative Mythology and Metal Working. I am in eighth grade and really loathe introductions.

I don't know about most people, but I like the cold. Whether its snowy or sunny there has always been something quiet and peaceful about it. Like theres no one in the world but myself. How it seem to blanket everything, muffling the sounds of modern life so everything seems farther away. The cold creates a living dream and its in this weather where I like to let my mind wander thinking about nothing and everything all at the same time. Theres a beauty to it, letting the mind wander; unconsciously or consciously I think that everyones thoughts go a little amiss on a cold day. Sometimes I'll be walking down the hallways, not caring about the path my feet are on and I'll see someone else, their eyes sliding over the posters in our hall and I know that there in the same dreamlike state. The cold is relaxing, it has a way of sinking into you and making you forget all of your troubles. It makes you relaxed, your eyelids growing heavy. Like a spell it sinks under your skin, taking effect in a way that is both fast and incredibly slow, like the ticking of a clock. Tick, tock tick tock. You know your going under fast, and yet theres nothing you can do to fight it. Do you even want to fight it? The thing that is neither bad nor good only is. The thing that quiets you like waking up after sleeping in. To me, that is what the cold is: not bad or good, yes or no, something that cannot be defined in the dictionary only by yourself and yourself only.

5 comments:

  1. I felt myself relaxing as I was entranced by your post and imagining the feeling of a cold day. Great start to the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you described the cold: "Not good or bat not yes or no" good work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this about dying of hypothermia? I liked the way it was written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. although this is cool, cold still sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I really like this, especially because I can relate to this. However, I don't like being cold, but I like the cold.

    ReplyDelete