Tuesday, March 11, 2014

SOLSC 11/31 Reading

BRIEF INTRODUCTION: For language arts, everyone in my class reads a book a week and then we blog about it, talking about the plot, writing style and characters.



           This week I  read/finished City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. This is the fifth book in a series, called the mortal instruments, and I have been hooked on since the first book (City of Bones). The story is about a teenager named Clary, who is able to see things that others can't. At first she thinks herself insane, but then realizes that she's part of a secret race of humans called shadow hunters, who protect the mundanes from demons and vampires. AND... its not a love story like twilight, which is GREAT! Unlike other stories I have read, this one felt original, was captivating and kept the reader guessing, even after the book ended. I really like the writing style because it was extremely descriptive, but still left enough room for your imagination to fill in the gaps. Also, I really liked how relatable the characters were. The story kept switching perspectives, which gave you a feeling of understanding for all of the characters. This book was pretty long and time-consuming, so I would consider it a two week book and recommend it to fans of Divergent and Legend. ALSO... ignore the cover.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you it wasn't a love story and you sounded happy, with all of these books including stupid romances like Divergent

    ReplyDelete