Monday, March 24, 2014

SOLSC 24/31 Draining a Lake



I think that I prefer my earlier slices because I was able to write about things that really interested me, instead of spending countless amounts of time racking my brain in order to find something interesting to write about. Its actually really, really hard to find ideas now that I am nearing the end of the month, which is both annoying and frustrating. Theres a visible difference between my slices: the earlier slices are much longer and detailed and the later slices are much shorter (like this one). I TRY to make them long, interesting, and sometimes morbid, but its getting harder and harder. Its like a mountain lake, when small amounts are taken, the change is not noticeable, but when large amounts are taken frequently, the visible shrinking of the water line is quite prominent, and the more water that is taken, the faster it disappears. But... if the draining stopped, slowly the lake would begin to refill with new, fresh water. Water that is sparkling and clear, completely in contrast with the murky waters that is soaking in the mud.

PHOTO CRED: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtwpuck/10225586433/

2 comments:

  1. That is a good analogy; my lake is currently empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this was a really good slice. Both because it makes so much sense, and because your use of the analogy pulls it together well. I like the last sentence: "But... if the draining stopped, slowly the lake would begin to refill with new, fresh water. Water that is sparkling and clear, completely in contrast with the murky waters that is soaking in the mud."

    ReplyDelete