Tuesday, March 25, 2014

SOLSC 25/31 Book Blog



This week, I read the Graveyard Book by Dave McKean which is the story of a graveyard. This book was interesting and different, and I really enjoyed the writing style because it gave an interesting perspective on the characters. Along with his sister Nobody Owen's parents are dead, murdered by a man named Jack. Now, he's being raised by Mr and Ms Owens, who, are also dead. Nobody likes it in the graveyard, the ghosts are funny and entertaining, but he craves to se the world of the living. The only problem is... the man named Jack is still out there, looking for him. I really enjoyed this book, its was interesting, creative and unusual. Most certainly a one week book, I would recommend this book to anyone open to a new perspective, along with the knowledge that it is aimed towards a younger audience.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a unique, fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it once, it is a really good book but it is definitely geared towards a younger audience. I also believe that the book is by Neil Gaiman and the illustrations are by Dave McKean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to read this book and I hated it because it was boring. I was probably too young at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book and I liked it. It's really interesting and it a really unique story.

    ReplyDelete