Wednesday, March 5, 2014

SOLSC 5/31 Snow Poem

I was really bored, distracted and random today so I wrote a poem about snow... (its kinda short and weird)




First one, then two,
I watch as the tiny crystals spiral down from the clouds
Three and four,
they're falling fast, onto the on branches and roofs 
Five and six,
Slowly, they land on the streets, coating the sidewalks
Seven and eight 
as they turn my city into a winter wonderland.
Nine and ten
Cars create new tracks in the snowy roads.
Eleven and twelve
Already the chilly wind burns my lungs
Thirteen and fourteen
My breath is visible in the cold air
Fifteen and sixteen
As snowflakes land on my outstretched palms 
Seventeen and eighteen 
the crystals melt on my finger tips
Nineteen and twenty
creating small pools of water in my hand, as even more land on my shoulders


http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaoticmind75/6895872661/ 



2 comments:

  1. What a sweet poem, Kendal. The rhythm of it reminds me of snow falling, actually, when you read it out loud. Both methodical and free-flowing. This is my favorite line: "as they turn my city into a winter wonderland."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really beautiful. Even the pattern of the words is smooth and the picture is perfect. Really great job.

    ReplyDelete