Sunday, March 2, 2014

SOLSC 2/31 A Little Randomness From Me

I like the cold, I think its beautiful and mysterious. It is one of my favorite things in the world. The cold is fine. What I don't like is the wind. A invisible force that can cut through any material, given the time to do so. It is cruel, deadly and harsh, chilling to the very bone, capable of toppling trees and destroying homes. There is a difference between the cold and wind chill. One is quiet and comforting, soft and gentle, simple and kind. The other, impatient and immature, chaotic and clumsy, dangerous and threatening, like a toddler. Incapable of thinking things through, never standing still long enough to consider any consequences, thoughts going in a million directions incapable to focus in, unwilling to even try.

Normally, the cold is hardly noticeable. It follows the seasons, rising and dropping with each moon. Even with its peaceful nature it is deadly, deadly and beautiful. But that is understandable, there can be no light without at least a little darkness, but sometimes those shadows can grow. Wind is what makes the cold noticeable, its sharp needles probing into every living thing, sinking down to the very center to chill you from the inside out. That is the difference between the wind and the cold, whereas both are dangerous only one is cruel.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your writing style, and it made me think of my own personal memories in the cold. I could really connect, and I loved the analogy with the toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cold and sometimes wind. I like a little wind that blows around your hair and the leaves in a tree, but wind that pushes you around and makes whole trees move scares me. Its like its trying to hurt something.
    I really like this, especially "The other, impatient and immature, chaotic and clumsy, dangerous and threatening, like a toddler."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the same line that Hailey does. Awesome! You've captured a significant difference between cold and wind-cold wonderfully. One is fun to bundle up against and then embrace. The other...I just wish was different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you give wind and cold a personality like a human. It's also totally true.

    ReplyDelete