Tuesday, December 17, 2013

second slice of life

Today, the dogs wanted to come in the car. So they came. They go with us all the time. My mom drives while Connor sits shotgun and I, well I am stuck sharing the small backseat with the smelly fur balls. Its not that I don't enjoy them coming, but sometimes its challenging to protect my backpack and breakfast.   And they always know when were going, my bulldog Bella has even figured out a special trigger that says were going to be leaving soon.
Every morning, after I've entered the kitchen she always hovers really close, creating just one other obstacle I have to face in the morning. She always hovers, at least until I add sugar to my tea. The sharp banging sound of my spoon against the side of my teacup as I stir is her signal. She'll go straight to the kitchen door and brace her stocky frame against the firm wood; refusing to budge when we try to nudge her out gently out of the way as we go to the car. Unless were carpooling with Alisondra to Spanish she usually gets her way. Causing me to become stuck in the back with two hotdog shaped animals, one of whom is too large to fit comfortable on the seat. Once again protecting my homework and breakfast on the twenty minute drive to school.

2 comments:

  1. I have some similar experiences with my own dogs - but they don't realize when we are about to leave before we go. I enjoyed your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dogs do the same thing except instead of Being uncomfortable in the back with my big dog, he usually tries to sit on the driver...

    ReplyDelete