Monday, February 10, 2014

Skiing

Skiing
The snow was like cotton, soft and thick. It coated the trees, rocks and cliffs, creating pillows of soft powder that were fun to jump over. I loved the powder, it was completely forgiving and fun to fall into after trying something new. My skis would cut through the new snow easily, sometimes disappearing beneath it for long stretches of time. In my opinion, skiing is one of the best ways to forget about Expo and homework. Other than the snow, its really easy to just let everything flow out of my mind as I focus at the one task at hand.
Today, the snow on the ground was just like that: soft and comforting. However, it was indeed snowing the large wet flakes landing on shoulders and stinging any exposed skin as I descended the runs. Wind and clouds made it almost impossible to see, adding flat light to the already foggy sky. I disliked the light, but because of the new blanket of snow, there were less obstacles to notice. I was skiing and that was all that mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment