Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pride and Prejudice




url.jpg

















My classic for this week was Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Written in the early 1800s, not only was this book the story of two young(ish) people trying to discover their place in the world, but it was also an example of wealthy life in England. This book was really, really good and despite the language, it was really fun to read. Jane Austen is a funny, sarcastic writer who, even after two centuries was able to create a story that is well known and enjoyed. One of my absolute favorite parts of this book was just how relatable the characters were. Despite the different time fame and culture, you could really understand everything the characters were feeling, on a level. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone because I am quite mad at myself for not having read this book earlier in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment