Monday, April 14, 2014

Blood Red Road

On sunday, I read the Blood Red Road by Moira Young. Having randomly found this book in the school library, I really, really enjoyed it. The story is amazingly written, completely original, and it carries an original perspective throughout the entire story. Zaba has never left her home in silver lake; growing up with her father, twin brother and her little sister. But after four cloaked men kidnap her brother, Zaba is forced to leave behind everything she has ever known in order to find him. I thought this story was amazing, I loved how the dialogue of the book supported Zaba's personality by being written in her style of speech and how the world was both so similar and different to the one we live in. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys gritty, exiting books with the warning that it does involve some violent and gruesome activities, instances.

No comments:

Post a Comment